Thursday 7 January 2010

E is for... Industrious




Today has been a beautiful winter's day, and I have been rediscovering a local National Trust property that I went to last more than 10 years ago on a school trip. With the snow still making travel tricky, the pilot and I were the only 2 visitors, meaning we had the full attention of the many staff. With demonstrations of carding, spinning and weaving, I now have a very different outlook on my sewing supplies. I have also got great value out of my Trust membership, and it is only day 7 of the year. I'm considering this an achievement in my constant aim to be more thrifty too.
Today we have learnt lots about the cotton industry, enjoyed some of the great outdoors and taken some gorgeous photographs. All in all, I’m very happy with today’s little close-to-home adventure.
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment