Monday 9 November 2009

E is for... Entertainment


Spotted this graffiti a few weeks ago. This was the first time spray paint had called for the need of my camera. I had to smile at the thought of all the other book mad people out there, and their different ways of expressing their love for literature. In me this comes out with the addiction to buying books which I know I don't have time to read. My bedside-book-box is currently overflowing with a mix of non-fiction, adventure, crime thrillers and children's books, as well as many genres in between. When I look at this pile, I'm sure I should be thinking about the cash spent and the dust collected, but what I see instead is the possibility of all the lives I have the choice to slip into in my sleepy 10 minute read before bed. This is why when I see a new book, and I know it won't get read for a year, I still have to buy it anyway. When my book love becomes so overwhelming that I feel the need to write my recommendations on garden walls, then I will start to rethink this strategy.
Would love to hear recommendations for the next book to add to the pile.
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment