Monday 4 October 2010

E is for... NCE (Near-Christmas-Experience)

I'm about to use a phrase that I don't use very often, so when I do you will know that I mean it - OMG! This is very exciting!

This morning I witnessed two (count them two!) Christmas adverts on the TV. I thought maybe I was coming down with an illness, maybe it was some kind of hallucination, but I picked my jaw up off the floor and got myself to work.

Well, wandering through Manchester this lunch time I had two more Near-Christmas-Experiences that tell me this thing is here already, and by my calculations we've got just about 3 months until the fairy lights come down and the trees get packed (or thrown) away.

What was it that got me so excited, I hear you ask!


Well, first there were those Christmas decorations for sale in Paperchase. Last year we were late getting our tree and all of the usual shops had sold out of decorations by the time we arrived. So our tree got the very finest (and probably the most expensive) dressings which I wouldn't normally be able to justify the cost of. Now I'm so pleased we splashed out on Paperchase's russian dolls, owls and beautifully coloured baubles. I can't wait to get them out of their boxes again. I now have a whole two months until we get our tree to decide what to add to the collection for 2010.

The icing on the (Christmas) cake for me today was the appearance of "Snow Fairy" shower gel in Lush. Only available over the winter, this is my favourite product in my bathroom. It smells of candy floss and babies and magic... well that might be an exaggeration, but heck am I happy to see my old friend. Now I need to resist bringing a bottle home as it's strictly the stuff of Christmas presents.

I'm so excited to have more NCE's over the next few months, I'm thinking mince pies and Christmas music in the shops. Oh yeah, and this reminds me, there are only 11 weekends to go before Christmas. I need to get cracking on all those handmade presents I have planned.

Em x

1 comment:

  1. Snow fairy shower gel sounds fabulous! I think I need to try some of that :)

    ReplyDelete