Monday 10 May 2010

E is for... In Love!

A month since I last posted, and I am feeling pretty guilty about my blog tardiness of late.

So I'm popping in to say sorry and blame my absense on a combination of my new job and my current addiction to these beautiful Penguin Classics books!




I have been treating myself to one each payday in 2010. They are so strokable, each time I pick them up I forget that I have already read most of these stories before, and I just want to read them all over again! You can read more about them here at the Penguin blog. My favourite design is "Emma", which is coincidently also my favourite Jane Austen story. I'm a couple of chapters from the end of it's 3rd or 4th read and it's just as good as ever.

The down side of being so much in love with these books is that I consider my collection "too good" to take on the train with me for my daily commute. I'd hate the edges to get bumped or torn, so they are reserved for home reading only. Is it possible to love a book too much? I think it might be...

Penguin Classics aside, I have lots of blog posts to get out of my brain and onto virtual paper, so I will do my best to improve my attendence in class soon.

Em x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you posting Em. I know what you mean about the books - I only take charity shop books out with me as I hate getting books damaged.

    I have now joined you in blogland and have to keep remembering that I now have a blog and to update it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Em thought you were going to talk about Neil!!

    ReplyDelete