Sunday 20 December 2009

E is for... Embellished



Having got the Christmas tree lights fixed after a bunny-who-will-not-be-named severed a vital wire, the Christmas decorations are again on track for being the best ever seen (in this little apartment).



Firstly, Christmas Wreath is finished and hanging with pride of place on the clock. Inspired by this I (and seemingly hundreds of other Martha Stewart Wannabes - if you do a bit of blog viewing) have made my own coat hanger creation. It's buggin' me that I have the 2 purples touching, but apart from that I love this. Was so cheap as I used last year's Ikea baubles (bar 2 "borrowed" from the parentage) and a coat hanger ("borrowed" from the pilot's wardrobe). My luxury purchase was the ribbon, which I could have managed without, but I just can't resist an opportunity to buy some ribbon.
Second, my apartment now has it's first ever tree. It's both bigger and real-er than I had in mind but nonetheless I love it. Somehow we managed to miss the boat on the decoration buying. All the usual stockists had near empty shelves, so there was no option but indulging in little owls and russian dolls from Selfridges - as a bare tree would be a crime don't you agree?!
Now I just have to find a way for all decorations to be bunny-proofed for the next couple of weeks so they survive the holiday season and I will be a happy bunny myself.
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment